Saturday, February 20, 2010

Valentine's Day - February 2010 Movie

My wife and I watched "Valentine's Day" at the Festival Mall in Alabang yesterday. It was quite a good one! It's one of those 'feel good' American movies that seem to get you absorbed into the film while you're watching it and gives you this tinge of fulfillment at the end since you know you've learned something good from watching it.

It's a story about how different people spent their Valentine's day. The plot was quite simple, but it was the way the lives of each people in the movie were interconnected that made it cool.

It was my wife and I's first movie together since watching Avatar last January. It gave us the needed break from such a tough week. Hopefully, we'll see a lot of other movies like those in the coming months.

Love... yes... it makes the world go round. It brings you happiness and joys.... and it may give you hurts and aches... but no matter what... you still have to love... because it's the only thing that matters in this world.

St. Paul once said these. (1 Corinthians 13:1)

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

We might gain everything this world has to offer... become successful and become rich... but without love, these do not matter.

Love is not only limited to that bond that you share with your partner. Love can be the laughter that we share among families... love can be the helping hand that we give to people that we don't even know... love can be the free schooling that you are willing to give to your household helper... love can be the simple pat on the back that you give to a troubled friend...

Love has may aspects, and the important thing is really to show love. And I do not mean by just simply knowing that you love a person... you have to show it.

I'm struggling at doing this myself. I'm hoping that in the future, I will be able to share my love more to others.


No comments:

Post a Comment